About the Role
Our ideal candidate possesses a mastery of multiplayer map design and layout, with a deep understanding of the relationship between level geometry and the creation of a balanced multiplayer experience. This individual must demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a cross-disciplinary team.
- Drive the Level Design team’s efforts while also contributing detailed work, acting as an integral part of the team.
- Drive the design of your levels through iteration from paper design to final product
- Understand and evangelize the creative direction of a level in collaboration with directors and other stakeholders.
- Work with designers, artists, and other level designers to deliver multiplayer environments that embody the creative vision of the game
- Spearhead the collaborative process with other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well
- Awareness over scope and risks of level features, and prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines
- Leadership experience with a level design team.
- Relevant professional experience in FPS (or similar) multiplayer level design.
- An exceptional portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of high quality level designs for multiplayer FPS games.
- Ability to display process work such as paper maps, grey box levels, and documentation.
- Expert within the Unreal Engine or similar engines.
- Experience with Unreal blueprints or other visual scripting systems
- Knowledge of building levels with modular assets.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to define playtest goals and to process feedback for iterations and improvements.
- Ability to provide in-depth critique.
- Motivated and self-driven
- Familiarity working with version control (we use Perforce) and task-management software (we use Jira)
- Knowledge of architecture