Sr. Gameplay Network Engineer
• 8+ Years.
We are seeking a candidate to join our game integration platform to bring gameplay and platform experiences closer together! As a team member for the game integration and validation platform, you will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of SDK technologies, game development and infrastructure. You’ll be responsible for prototyping fast and effectively with experimental technologies and bringing new PlayStation experiences into gameplay features. Come join us to deliver the best gaming experience to millions of PlayStation players!
- Prototype a cross-platform game codebase looking at PlayStation specific features across multiple generations of the PlayStation platform.
- Optimize gameplay networking systems to improve latency
- Develop networking code to interact with backend systems for new gameplay features and data collection
- Maintain and extend documentation on network-oriented features and systems
- Debug and optimize existing gameplay networking
- Develop new features, perform performance analysis, optimize systems, maintain existing systems, and diagnose failures.
- Building and documenting gameplay features to exercise unreleased platform SDKs and network capabilities
- Participates in team scrum processes – (e.g. plan/review/retro, daily stand-ups, maintaining board, identifying risks and blockers)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- C/C++ experience with understanding of multi-threaded and multi-core software development
- Knowledgeable about network protocols: You understand the messages exchanged during communication over these protocols
- Understanding of game networking systems and technologies (e.g. peer-to-peer and client/server models, latency compensation, etc.)
- Strong data structures and algorithms knowledge.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a part of a team
- Self-directed, focused, and diligent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 8 or more years of software development in C/C++ programming.
- Experience with off-the-shelf anti-cheat products, such as Easy Anti-Cheat or Battleye
- Working experience and/or knowledge with networking fundamentals and protocols such as NAT, DHCP, DNS, IPv4/IPv6, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP/HTTPS, and socket APIs.
- Experience building games as a network-oriented gameplay engineer for PlayStation and PC
- Some experience with AWS and containers – Lambda, GameLift, EC2, and ECS/Kubernetes.